Back in January I was nominated by 5 bloggers to do this same award and I won’t lie, answering all those questions took a heck of a long time! That meant that when I was initially nominated by Courteney, although of course very grateful, I wasn’t sure if I would actually do another post as it would end up being very similar and probably quite boring. However now that I’ve been nominated again so have twice the amount of questions and also have a lot of time on my hands at the moment I thought why not!? I hope you enjoy possibly finding out a bit more about me!
Questions from Courteney:
1) Why did you start blogging? I was thinking about this earlier actually and I remember always thinking blogs were a really cool thing before I even discovered the whole ‘blogging world’ that seems to have blown up in recent years. That was when I was about 11 and I started my first proper blog when I was about 13 or 14. I’m not entirely sure what made me decide to start one but I guess I must have seen what other bloggers and youtubers were doing and fancied a piece of that cake! I also used to get really bored and thought seeing as I was so into makeup (and still am lol) I should use what I had available (a crappy digital camera, an ipod touch and some limited knowledge) to entertain myself.
2) What makeup product could you not live without? ooh tricky one. If it means one specific product then I would have no idea but if you mean a type of product then probably foundation because it acts as a canvas for the rest of my makeup and nothing else would look as good without it! (obviously I could physically live without makeup though I would just prefer to have it haha)
3) What’s your favourite clothes shop? At the moment I think New Look are doing really well for themselves with some lovely spring/summer items that aren’t hugely expensive. I also love Zara (although I’m usually to broke to shop there) and Pull & Bear, aswell as Primark for basics and occasionally H&M – although I’ve kind of gone of there recently, I’m not sure why.
4) What are 5 things you want to achieve in the next 5 years? Oh wow I’m going to have to really think about this one, hang on. Okay, firstly I’d like to finish A-levels which is pretty likely to happen, I’d also love to visit New York and just go travelling in general. I also hope to carry on improving my blog and make it as good as I can so that I’m more proud of it. Umm, I guess learn to drive. I’m not sure what else specifically I would like to achieve as I’m very much an undecided person and don’t like to plan out my future too much. I suppose I would like to just achieve happiness and be able to look back on that 5 years with positive thoughts. (deep)
5) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? New York City Baby!
6) What is your favourite makeup brand? I don’t have a tonne of products from one specific brand and feel that there can be a lot of variability between a brand’s products in terms of how well they work for different people. One brand that I seem to have a lot of though is Rimmel so maybe I’ll choose that one for today :)
7) What would be your perfect career? My perfect career would be having blogging as my job! I guess this is actually possible these days but maybe not the most likely so if that weren’t to happen I would love to become an editor for a magazine or something like that.
8) What have you achieved that your most proud of? I’m pretty proud of my GCSE results and the fact that I was within the top 20 of my school which I still find insane because I swear I have become less intelligent since then. But hopefully I’ll achieve something better soon so I can replace a few letters on a page with something more meaningful and accurate.
9) What is your favourite food? Pizza of course
10) Do/Did you like school? I definitely had fun at school but I’m not really a fan tbh and the education system is ridiculous, like don’t get me started on exams (a.k.a memory tests)
11) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? “You only regret the things you didn’t do”. I don’t know if that’s even advice? But it’s a quote I like anyway.
Questions from Dena:
1) What inspired you to create a blog? Seeing that other people were interested in the same thing as me through youtube and other blogs inspired me a lot!
2) If you were stranded on an island, what 3 things would you take? I would take a knife because that would come in super useful. My dog for company even though she’d probably abandon me anyway and maybe one of those handbooks of how to survive on an island!
3) What gives you motivation to continue blogging? This is something I used to struggle with because I often felt like it didn’t really matter if I blogged or not and so used to go weeks or even months without posting. Now that I’ve started to tell my family and friends about my blog and I know that people do actually read my content it makes me more motivated!
4) Where is the best place you’ve ever visited? Sri Lanka last summer!
5) Favourite “small” youtuber? It sounds bad but I don’t really watch that many “small” youtubers – or any really, compared to how many I used to watch! If you have any that you like though do leave suggestions in a comment below and I’ll definitely check them out!
6) What made you do the theme that you’ve chosen for your blog? I’m not sure whether this question means the theme as in what I generally write about or if it means the theme layout (that’s what they call it on wordpress for you non-blogger types). If it means Beauty & Fashion (as that’s my main writing theme) then it’s just what I’m most interested in and passionate about – and also what a lot of people love to read about! If it means layout then I just liked this theme as it’s simple and minimalist but I’m thinking of revamping it a little bit soon to make it prettier!
7) Have you ever looked at my blog? I am looking at it right now and thinking how impressive it is for someone that’s only been blogging a week!
8) How tall are you? I actually have no idea, 5ft 6 last time I checked but I’m pretty sure that was a couple of years ago haha
9) How long have you been blogging for? On this blog I have been blogging for 2 years but I had a different blog before this which I probably also had for about 1.5 years so almost 4 years all together!!
10) Do you ever attend meet ups? I have never attended a meet up, no, I would definitely like to though
11) Is this something you see yourself doing for a long time? I really hope so. I’ve been going this long, surely I can carry on for a while longer!
So that’s all of the questions answered, sorry some of them are ridiculously long – I do get a bit carried away!
Thankyou again for the nominations girlies!
I’m not going to nominate people this time because all the bloggers I read have already done this post and I feel like there are plenty of nominations to go round!
Love Izzy xxx