Today I thought I would share one of my all time favourite recipes!
I’ve never done a baking post before but I had a sudden urge to whip up some cookies the other day and although I had to pick up some condensed milk on my way home everything else was already stashed in my cupboards. This is literally the easiest cookie recipe I have discovered, and the result? Big, squishy, double chocolate cookies!
2 tablespoons of butter
200g of condensed milk
1 coffee mug full of self raising flour
150g (ish) chocolate / chocolate chips (or any other extras e.g smarties!)
As I wanted this batch to be bigger I doubled the amounts for each ingredient however listed above is the original ingredients list which makes about 5 or 6 large cookies.
1) Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl (this is much easier if the butter is softened slightly)
2) Add the condensed milk and mix into the butter and sugar.
3) Add in the chocolate or alternative extra ingredient.
(I used a bar of cheap milk chocolate aswell as a bar of milkybar white chocolate – which you cant see in this photo – to make it extra chocolatey)
4) Stir in the self-raising flour until you reach a cookie dough texture. You may need to add more or less flour as this measurement is fairly vague (you may have a gigantic mug or a tiny one) so take it slow and keep adding small amounts to avoid drying out the dough.
(as you can see I am quite messy with these but it really doesn’t matter – in fact the messier the better!)
5) Dollop spoonfuls/handfuls (this is a lot easier if you just get stuck in with the ol’ hands) onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, and squish down slightly so they’re roughly the same height. (These do expand rather a lot in the oven so don’t go over the top!)
6)Place in the oven at 180 degrees centigrade / gas mark 4, for 8-10 minutes (I put mine in for about 12 and they went a little bit browner than I would’ve liked but still taste amazing)
Whack these bad boys out of the oven and voila!
These literally take about 20 minutes from start to end and are so easy and affordable. Also they are suitable for those of you who can’t eat egg as these cookies are completely egg free!
If you try these out be sure to let me know by tagging me in a photo on twitter or instagram, I would LOVE to see them!!
Thanks for reading, I’m off to eat a cookie now!